Title:Sr. Sourcing Associate - Procurement - Fremont, CA
Job Purpose / Summary:
The Sr. Sourcing Associate will execute intermediate and complex sourcing projects, from start to finish, including but not limited to – sourcing requests validation per client guidelines, requirements analysis for the bid packages, communicating with client requesters to close any data gaps, prepare and publish the package to the identified suppliers for bidding purposes, following up with suppliers to ensure adequate participation, and summarizing proposals back to the requestor
Sr. Sourcing Associate Key Responsibilities:
- Provides sourcing services (RFP, RFI, RFQ) to our clients based on predefined service levels, managing 5-12 intermediate to complex projects simultaneously
- Create and manage reverse auctions with minimal supervision Strong understanding of Denali’s Strategic Sourcing process and ability to apply concepts to various client projects (e.g. total cost of ownership, value engineering and evaluation criteria development)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to assess projects’ fit for reverse auction, setup and manage reverse auctions with minimal supervision
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Ability to follow a process based on documented guidelines without supervision
- Ability to conduct basic level spend assessment for opportunity identification
- Ability to facilitate a total cost ownership discussion with a client team and identify total cost elements
- Ability to handle client issues and escalations with sensitivity and diligence, eliminating a need for further escalation
- Advanced/” Expert” Excel skills, including working knowledge of filters, sorting, pivot tables, basic formulas, advanced formatting techniques, and advance data manipulation skills
- Proficiency in e-Sourcing tools at an “advanced” level (as defined by DSS, Software company, or client standards)
Required Education and Experience:
- 5 to 7 years Source to Contract experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Stakeholder management experience
- 3-5 years of Project management experience
- Demonstrated intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced user of excel and pivot tables or equivalent similar tools such as Tableau
Denali – A WNS Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.